Posts for tag: invisalign
If you’ve ever thought about straightening your teeth but you didn’t want to go through the lengthy process of metal braces, then Invisalign just may be the answer you are looking for. The clear plastic aligners have become a popular alternative choice among adults and teens as well. Many of my patients who had metal braces years ago wish that Invisalign had been available to them.
Patients who want their teeth straightened and are considering braces ought to consider Invisalign. Here are some reasons why:
- The aligners are completely removable for eating, brushing and flossing.
- They are pretty much invisible.
- There aren’t really any dietary restrictions as with traditional metal braces and the risk of breaking a wire or bracket.
- The thin, flexible material is comfortable and will not irritate the mouth as metal braces can.
- The aligners can act like a mouthguard to protect the teeth from grinding.
The treatment plan for Invisalign is broken into stages. With the use of special computer software, Invisalign designs the clear plastic trays that will be worn for two weeks for a minimum of 20 hours per day. You then move on to the next set and so forth in order to gradually move the teeth into the best alignment.
Ask me about Invisalign if it is something that interests you. It has been a clear choice for many of our patients with remarkable results.